Association for the development of life skills
Teaching People to Learn How to Live
The association is a Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization, which aims to offer children and adults opportunities to develop their emotional, interpersonal relationship and learning skills, through seminars, workshops, seminars and other activities.
What are Life skills?
Life Skills for us take on two dimensions: the development of intrapersonal and interpersonal skills.
- Personal Development: Self-awareness, Self-knowledge Self-control, Self-acceptance, Self-respect, Self-esteem
- Interpersonal relationships: Communicative skills, empathy, respect of diversity, acceptance co-operation, love...
Who we are
The Association was first formed in 2004 by a group of educators who wanted to contribute to the provision of opportunities for personal development, and was formally acknowledged in 2006. Since then, the number of members has been rising steadily and now includes people from a variety of occupations, educators, sociologists, anthropologists, psychologists, lawyers, accountants, etc.
- The organization of seminars, workshops and lectures for the development of Life Skills for adults.
- The organization of activities and workshops for children and young adults on the development of life skills.
- The training of educators, parents and others who are interested in methods of developing Life Skills.
- Co-operation with schools, local and regional organizations, groups and associations in Cyprus.
- Co-operation with international educational groups and institutes.
- Participation in international conferences and seminars.
"The quality of our life depends on the relationship we have with our selves and with others"
- Registration in international organizations.
- Development and distribution of educational materials.
- Creation of Centers for Life Skills Development.
- The promotion of Life Skills development into the National Curriculum.
Our project topics
Communication Skills Healthy Relationships Healthy Family Relationships Parenting Seminars Developing Children's and Adolescents' Self-Esteem Handling School Failure Self-Awareness for Children Self awareness for Adults Setting and Achieving Our Goals Theatre games and role-play, tolerance and mutual, understanding European identity, social cohesion, group dynamics, working with diversity, nutrition and emotions, anti-trafficking projects, emotional intelligence.